February 4, 2021
Free meals for 18 and unders, a sign at the grade school down the street. I wonder how many children have missed out on free meals at school since covid. This same school was advertising free lunches every weekday throughout the summer. Is it now only just Wednesdays? The kids still aren’t back in the classrooms here, but there’s talk of them going back at the end of the month.
Today is my second anniversary at work, which got me thinking about national days of recognition. I share my work anniversary with other interesting topics. Today is:
- National Create a Vacuum Day (apparently this can be achieved with your standard syringe)
- National Homemade Soup Day (celebrated in our house last Saturday; 4 soups)
- National Hemp Day (I no longer indulge but I do own some hemp clothing and paper products)
- National Optimist Day (definitely me)
- National Thank a Mail Carrier Day (ours failed to take the outgoing mail left in the box today; no soup for you!)
- National Girls & Women in Sports Day (former school yard jock, me)
It is also Black History Month.
More fresh graves at the cemetery, along with miscellaneous dropped roses.
February 4, 2021 — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>