Things I know to be true today:
- Preparing to interview for a new role even at a company you’re already with sucks as much as preparing to interview as a new hire.
- Sometimes you have to stay up late to get things done because your procrastination skills kick into high gear when faced with things you don’t want to do (see Habits I need to kick).
- Rainy afternoons are good for keeping you inside and forcing you to do things you don’t want to do.
- I’d much rather be staring at purple daisies than at a computer screen.
Habits I need to kick
- Trolling the comments section of the online Washington Post to avoid preparing for an interview.
- Eating more chocolate than you should even though it’s National Choose Your Chocolate Day and you claim you must honor it.
- Contemplating giving up tomorrow’s yoga even though you need self-care because you think you’ll spend that time actually preparing for that interview when, if you decide to forgo yoga, you would really use that time to sleep in.
- Allowing your little demons to tell you you aren’t good enough for the new role.
- Procrastinating (so powerful it deserves a second callout).